Islandora OnDemand is a software as a service digital repository solution that allows you to get your repository project online very quickly. We take care of all the complexity of installation, hosting and maintaining your repository allowing you to focus on building your collections and growing your audience.
Islandora OnDemand comes preconfigured with a full suite of modules and solution packs providing support for newspapers, books, audio, video, pdfs, images and much more! Click here to see the full list!
What is Islandora?
Islandora Leverages Open-Source
The core technology stack—all open source—is Drupal (front end), Solr (search), Fedora Commons (repository), and so much more.
Islandora Delivers Digital Repositories
Islandora can securely store, collaboratively manage, and provide access to, a wide variety of digital collections.
Islandora Defines Preservation
Islandora adheres to the Open Archives Information System (OAIS) reference model, supporting all the concepts, terminology, and best practices for long term preservation of information.
Islandora Uses Open Standards
Islandora supports the use of open standards for encoding and transmission of metadata to ensure that you are never locked-in to proprietary systems.
Islandora Provides Flexibility
Islandora is flexible and versatile, implementing Modules and Solution Packs that bundle tools to support specific types of content and knowledge domains.
Islandora Simplifies Migrations
We have migrated assets from MANY other platforms into Islandora and have developed a standardized set of migration tools to help get your data into Islandora quickly!
What do you get with Islandora OnDemand?
With Islandora OnDemand, the complexities of hosting a digital repository are completely removed from the equation. We have partnered with several top-tier cloud providers in order to meet our technical requirements and the geographic/privacy needs of our clients.
Maintenance & Support
Each purchase of Islandora OnDemand comes with access to our knowledgebase where you will find documentation on using and customizing your repository. We also include access to our support team via an online ticketing system so that you can ask questions, report issues and provide feedback.
Islandora OnDemand is kept up to date via automatic updates with the latest Islandora code to ensure that you always have the latest features and updates to build your repository.
Islandora OnDemand comes with a base theme which allows you to customize the design through an administrative user interface to fit the purpose of your repository as well as your branding requirements.
- Responsive design works across all devices from desktop to smartphone
- Featured Collection and Image Rotator widgets to show off your most valuable content.
- Google Analytics integration
- Top Site Searches block to guide users to your most viewed content.
- Easy collection searching and browsing
- Social Media Integration
- Color customization
Islandora OnDemand's adherence to the OAIS conceptual framework means:
- It is designed with long-term preservation in mind (and that can mean “indefinite”), taking into account that there will be changes in data formats, technology, and the communities (creators and users) it serves.
- It implements a standard for the concepts, terminology, best practices in long-term digital preservation and meets the functional requirements of a robust OAIS: Ingestion, Archival Storage, Data Administration, and Access.
- Islandora’s approach to packaging your content (whether SIPs, AIPs or DIPs) reflects the standards and requirements of the Designated Community, whether that is an academic library or a biotech research team, and you know your long-term preservation is at the core.
Islandora OnDemand, by default, uses MODS and DC for descriptive metadata and PREMIS for preservation metadata. Islandora OnDemand can also support any XML-based metadata standard and offers tools for automating the creation and maintenance of metadata, as well as the bulk ingestion of object records.
Some other metadata standards we work with daily include:
Islandora OnDemand Pricing
Please note that all prices listed are in USD. If you would like more information or would like to discuss other options, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Start the conversation
We would love to hear more about your digital repository project and how we can help you get up and running with Islandora OnDemand! Please use this form to start the conversation and one of our repository specialists will get back to you right away!